Stockwell Elastomerics manufactures custom rubber gaskets and rubber components for the technology sector. Most gaskets manufactured by Stockwell Elastomerics have a pressure sensitive adhesive backing, often referred to as peel and stick gaskets. When Stockwell Elastomerics was looking for an adhesives supplier, 3M was the obvious choice. 3M is a product innovator and market leader in adhesive technology. Stockwell Elastomerics’ customers in the electronics, telecom, aerospace and defense industries demand the highest quality products that 3M delivers.
Stockwell Elastomerics has handpicked products from various adhesive families in order to meet different adhesion requirements. Below is a list of 3M™ Acryic Adhesive Products offered by Stockwell Elastomerics used to adhere gaskets, pads and other rubber components to housings and enclosures.
An important note: Stockwell Elastomerics has developed technologies which enable acrylic adhesives to bond to silicone rubber. This opens the door to using many 3M™ Acrylic Adhesives.
Transfer tape adhesives are thin films of adhesive with no carrier layer. When applied to silicone and other rubber materials, they allow full conformability and stretching.
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9485PC – high performance 350 series, good for many surfaces
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9675 – same as 3M 9485PC but with heavier release liner
- 3M™ High Performance Adhesive Transfer Tape 467MP – 200MP series, good bond strength, general purpose
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9667MP – same as 3M™ High Performance Transfer Tape 467MP but with heavier release liner
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 9472LE – 300LSE series, formulated for low surface energy bonding
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape 6038PC – 300MP series, good low surface energy and low fogging
Stockwell Elastomerics offers specialty adhesives to address very specific application requirements. For example, 3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 9415 is very good for touchscreen gaskets that can be difficult to install. Another example is 3M™ XYZ-Axis Electrically Conductive Tape 9713, used with electrically conductive rubber to make EMI gaskets.
- 3M™ Double Coated Tape 9731 – 350 series, combination adhesive, silicone/acrylic
- 3M™ Removable Repositionable Tape 9415 – 1000 series, repositionable adhesive allows for peel and re-stick
- 3M™ XYZ-Axis Electrically Conductive Tape 9713 – electrically conductive adhesive, acrylic
- 3M™ XYZ-Axis Electrically Conductive Tape 9719 – electrically conductive adhesive, silicone
- 3M™ Adhesive Transfer Tape F9473PC – 100MP strong, thick acrylic adhesive
Stockwell Elastomerics offers many other 3M™ Pressure Sensitive Adhesives for bonding high performance rubber materials in addition to the ones mentioned above. Stockwell Elastomerics is a proud 3M Select Converter, as 3M’s attention to quality and performance are an important complement to Stockwell Elastomerics’ value proposition.
Contact Us for further assistance with adhesives from 3M.
3M™ is a registered trademark of 3M Company.